Enjoy Your Boat with the Right Protection
In the warm weather, there’s nothing more fun than taking your boat out on the beautiful spots around the Lockport, New York, area. But whenever you go boating, boat insurance is a must, just like insurance for your car on the highway. Boat insurance protects you, your passengers, your boat, and other boaters enjoying the same waters with you.
There are a lot of options when it comes to boat insurance, and at Calderone Insurance Agency, we’re here to help you figure out what’s best for your needs. As independent agents, we have many boat insurance products available to us, so we can tailor a claim just for you. We want to make sure you understand what’s covered with your policy and what to do in the event you ever need to file a claim.
Boat Insurance Elements
- Agreed value coverage: the value that will be covered if your boat is damaged or stolen
- Deductible: the amount you pay out of pocket before your insurance policy kicks in
- Navigational area: where your boat will be operated
- Liability: coverage for other people’s medical expenses and property if you are at fault in a boating accident
- Medical payments: protection for you, your passengers, water skiers, and tubers, regardless of who is at fault, if any of you are injured in an accident while boating
- Physical damage coverage: repair or replacement of your boat, including the motor, permanently attached equipment, and your boat trailer
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft bodily injury: coverage if you are in an accident with an uninsured boater
- Fuel spill liability and wreckage removal: covers expenses for cleanup if your boat is damaged or sinks
- Personal effects: covers personal property on your boat, such as clothing, scuba gear, fishing gear, and mobile phones
- Unattached equipment coverage: coverage for equipment that’s not attached to your boat, such as lifesaving gear, oars, and the like
- Emergency assistance: provides gas, towing, or a new battery if you are stranded while boating — similar to roadside assistance for your automobile
If you’re seeking boat insurance, reach out to Calderone Insurance Agency with your questions. We’ll help you get set up with the proper policy so you can enjoy your boat safely and legally. Don’t risk going without the boat insurance you need. Call us today at 716-589-7283 or use our easy online form for a quick quote.